Promotion Official Rules “Beat Derek’s Bracket”
Effective Date: March 12, 2022
Last Updated: March 12, 2022
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES AND YOUR SUCCESS IN THE PROMOTION. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD OF THE 46 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF NEVADA, THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, THE STATE OF FLORIDA, AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK) AND MEETING THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA SET FORTH IN THESE RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS APPLY, PLEASE READ THESE RULES IN THEIR ENTIRETY.
By participating in “Beat Derek's Bracket” (“Promotion”), you agree to be bound by these Promotion Official Rules. Please read these Promotion Official Rules before entering the Promotion. Failure to comply with these Promotion Official Rules may (in the sole discretion of Betr Holdings, Inc.) result in disqualification from the Promotion. You must meet the eligibility requirements and follow the Promotion Official Rules regarding participation as set forth here. Betr Holdings, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Promotion at any time in its sole discretion.
PLEASE NOTE THE ARBITRATION PROVISION SET FORTH BELOW, WHICH REQUIRES, EXCEPT WHERE AND TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU TO ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST SPONSOR ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY.
- SPONSOR: Betr Holdings, Inc., 290 NE 68th Street, Miami, FL 33138 (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is offered only to legal United States residents in the 46 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of the State of Nevada, the State of Washington, the State of Florida, and the State of New York) who are at least 21 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor or any of its advertising agencies, officers, directors, agents, and employees and their immediate family or household members are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. A person cannot be an Eligible Entrant or winner if such person is a person (a) with whom U.S. persons or entities are restricted from doing business under regulations of the Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”) of the Department of the Treasury (including those named on OFAC’s Specially Designated and Blocked Persons List) or under any statute or executive order or (b) who is acting, directly or indirectly, for or on behalf of any such person. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Individuals will be required to provide a valid identification and may be required to provide a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number to claim a prize. All federal, state, and local taxes are the responsibility of each winner.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion Period will begin on March 12, 2022 and end on April 4, 2022. During the Promotion Period, Sponsor will offer one free to play game (“Game”) through a free to download mobile application (“Mobile Application”).
- HOW TO PLAY: Eligible Entrants will be asked to make predictions regarding game outcomes of the 2023 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament and discrete events occurring within the tournament.
- The Eligible Entrant who accumulates the most points by making correct predictions via the scoring system set forth below will win the advertised first prize. If there is a tie amongst Eligible Entrants in terms of points accumulated, then the tiebreakers set forth below will be utilized until a single Eligible Entrant is deemed the winner of the first prize.
Sponsor will specify the first prize and consolation prize (if any) amounts for each Game at the Mobile Application prior to entry. In the instance a specific contest does not have a first prize, a consolation prize will be awarded to and split by all winning entrants.
- Details regarding the start and end dates and times of each Game, instructions, and prizes will be announced at the Mobile Application. Entries may only be submitted during the Promotion Period and during the dates and times specified for each Game. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Promotion. An Eligible Entrant may submit one (1) entry (“Entry”) into each Game during the Promotion Period, as described below. All Entries may only be submitted through the entry process available at the Mobile Application. Any effort by a participant or any third party to misrepresent themselves or misrepresent their eligibility, qualifications, or any other information, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will disqualify that participant. Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final. In the event any party challenges a term or provision of these Promotion Official Rules, the party hereby expressly waives any and all opportunities to recover any amount, or collect any prize, from Sponsor relating to this Promotion or otherwise.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: During the Promotion Period, visit the Mobile Application to see the available Games. Eligible Entrants can submit one (1) Entry into each Game. Duplicate Entries in a Game will not be counted. Follow the instructions and play the Game to make your selections. No purchase or payment is necessary at any time. Entries must be received during the stated dates and times during the Promotion Period. Entries will require your email address. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason are void and will not be accepted. Entries that do not follow these Promotion Official Rules will not be accepted or will be disqualified.
- PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING: The actual retail value of the prizes vary but will be posted on the Mobile Application in advance of the Game. All prizes may be split between the winners if there are multiple winners as determined by Sponsor. Payment of all prizes are to be made by Sponsor. Sponsor will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to winners for prizes over $600. The odds of winning a prize in the Promotion will depend on the number of predictions required, the difficulty of making such predictions, and each Eligible Entrant’s success in playing each Game.
- The Eligible Entrant who accumulates the most points by making correct predictions via the scoring system set forth below shall win $1,000
- One randomly selected Eligible Entrant who accumulates more points by making correct predictions via the scoring system set forth below than Betr Derek shall receive $500
- FURTHER PRIZE INFORMATION: Sponsor will determine all details of the prizes in its sole discretion. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees (including transportation, lodging, meals, etc.) associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. All decisions of Sponsor are final. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsor deem necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state, and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes, or ordinances. Neither Sponsor nor or any of its agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, or contractors shall have responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change in any game and its agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, or contractors are not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof.
- In the event of a cancellation, suspension, delay, or other circumstances that result in a game or games to not occur on the originally scheduled day/time, the affected game or games will no longer be considered in determining the scoring criteria for the Game. In such circumstances, the prizes associated with the Game will not be awarded and Eligible Entrants will only be awarded the advertised consolation prize, if applicable.
- WINNERS SELECTION; CRITERIA: After the close of the Game, Eligible Entrants will be able to access the Mobile Application to determine whether they are a winner. If your Entry is a winner, you will be deemed the potential winner of a prize, pending confirmation and/or verification of your eligibility and compliance with these Promotion Official Rules. Contest results and prize calculations are based on the final statistical and scoring results, with such results being deemed final one hour after the completion of the last event for that day’s Game. The scoring results of a Game will not be changed, regardless of any official statistics or scoring adjustments made by any commission, league, or other official governing entity at later times or dates, except in Betr’s sole discretion.
- AWARD OF PRIZES: Before awarding a prize, Sponsor may require you to furnish proof of identification and other personal identifying information sufficient to establish eligibility under these Promotion Official Rules and to execute and return any required documentation, including but not limited to, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Publicity Release, a tax acknowledgment form, and to provide other information as required to award your prize. You must execute and return all documents completed in their entirety within ten (10) business days from the date any such documents are sent to you or you may forfeit a prize (in Sponsor’s sole discretion). If you are found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Promotion Official Rules, decline to accept a prize, Sponsor is unable to contact you, or in the event that a prize notification is returned undeliverable, you will forfeit a prize, and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative potential winner from the results of a Game.
- The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable, and no prize substitution, exchange, or other equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES, IF ANY, ARE YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, contractors, suppliers, and partners (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable Entries; or for any error in any Entry, in a Game, inability to play, or any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic, or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt, or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, typographical, or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information or of any Entries. Sponsor and the Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, or technical error. If, for any reason, the Promotion or any Game is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, stop, modify, or suspend the Promotion or any Game. Sponsor and the Released Parties are expressly not liable for any harm, including but not limited to, any physical harm that may befall any person a result of participation in this Promotion, including but not limited to any Game, the award or use of any prize and participation, or inability to participate in any activities associated with the Promotion.
- ELIGIBLE ENTRANT EMAIL ADDRESS: Entries are deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of account creation. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized holder of the email address associated with a winning Entry. Prizes will only be awarded to the authorized account holder.
- ENTRIES BECOME PROPERTY OF SPONSOR: All Entries become the property of Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, Eligible Entrants grant Sponsor and its affiliates and subsidiaries the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Entries and to incorporate the Entries in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide in perpetuity. Eligible Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor, and that the Sponsor’s reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Entries will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. Sponsor is not under any obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit any Entry submitted in the Promotion, but by entering the Promotion you consent to Sponsor and its affiliates and subsidiaries displaying your Entry, including announcing you as the winner of a prize on social media and in other media, including on any website. Entries constitute permission (except where prohibited by law) to use Eligible Entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, except as required by applicable law.
- BINDING NATURE, WAIVER, INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Promotion, you, and on behalf of your heirs, executors, and administrators, agree: (a) to be bound by these Promotion Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor which shall be binding and final; (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Promotion Official Rules; (c) to waive all of your rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Sponsor or any of the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, any Entry, any Game, or a prize; and (d) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (i) the Promotion, any Game, any prize, the Entries, or any other activities engaged in connection with the Mobile Application, the Promotion, the Entries, any Game, or any prize, including but not limited to your participation or inability to participate in the Promotion, any Game, any prize, or any other activity, (ii) typographical or printing errors in these Promotion Official Rules or in any Promotion materials, including but not limited to any instructions, advertising, or promotional materials (iii) any change in any Game or prize (or any components thereof), including but not limited to, due to unavailability, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, (iv) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Promotion or of any Game, (v) human error, (vi) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt, or transmission of any Entry, (vii) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Mobile Application or any social network, website, mobile application, telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by Sponsor, any of the Released Parties or by you, (viii) interruption or inability to access the Mobile Application, any Game relating to the Promotion, or to submit any Entry, or to receive a prize, (ix) any lost/delayed data or video transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (x) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable, or damaged Entries, (xi) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sponsor or the Released Parties or of any other third party, (xii) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, or destroyed prizes (or any element thereof), or (xiii) the negligence or willful misconduct by you or of any third party.
- DISCLAIMERS, DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT MAY REQUIRE YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH SPONSOR AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM SPONSOR: You hereby forever discharge, release, and agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, and the Released Parties, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in the Promotion, in any Game, or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, sponsorship, or marketing benefits provided under the Promotion. In the event of any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, including but not limited to any Game or any prize, or the breach, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of these Promotion Official Rules or any part of it (each, a “Dispute”), both parties shall first try in good faith to settle such Dispute by providing written notice to the other party describing the facts and circumstances of the Dispute and allowing the receiving party thirty (30) days in which to respond to or settle the Dispute. Notice of a Dispute shall be sent to: (a) Sponsor, at Betr Holdings, Inc. d/b/a Betr, 290 NE 68th Street, Miami, FL 33138, or (b) you, at the address we have on file for you. Both you and Sponsor agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied before initiating any litigation or filing any claim against the other party. IF ANY DISPUTE CANNOT BE RESOLVED BY THE ABOVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE, YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR SUCH DISPUTE WILL BE DECIDED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AS DESCRIBED BELOW. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. Other rights that you or Sponsor would otherwise have in court will not be available or will be more limited in arbitration, including discovery and appeal rights. All such Disputes shall be exclusively submitted for binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties (or, if not agreed within 30 days of the first party proposing an arbitrator, determined under AAA rules). The Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration. The award determined by the arbitration will be final and binding, except for any right of appeal provided by the Federal Arbitration Act, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement. The place of such arbitration shall be either Miami-Dade County, Florida or the U.S. county of your residence, and the proceedings shall be held there, except to the extent otherwise agreed to by the parties. In the event that you initiate arbitration in the county of your residence, the entity you have a Dispute with may transfer the arbitration to Miami-Dade County, Florida in the event that it agrees to pay the additional fees or costs you incur as a result of the change in location as determined by the arbitrator. These Promotion Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to Florida’s conflict of law principles. Any Disputes not subject to the arbitration provision discussed above shall be resolved exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Miami-Dade County, Florida, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts for purposes of litigating any such claim or action. Each participant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Florida. All participants agree to abide by the terms of these terms and conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor hereunder, which are final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these terms and conditions. In the event any party challenges a term or provision of these Promotion Official Rules, the party hereby expressly waives any and all opportunities to recover any amount from Sponsor and the Released Parties relating to this Promotion or otherwise. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, IF ANY. EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF PARTICIPANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PERSON OR ENTITY’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR OF ANY GAME OR THE AWARD OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE A PRIZE, OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY ASPECT OF A PRIZE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASED PARTY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Sponsor and the Released Parties disclaim any liability from and in connection with the Promotion, any Game, the Mobile Application, any prize, or any component thereof.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By accepting a prize, you agree to allow Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee, the perpetual right to use your name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising, and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review, or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law; if requested by Sponsor, you shall provide any requested consents.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: You consent to Sponsor contacting you via your phone number, email, or social media account concerning the Promotion, including notifying you if you are a winner of a prize. You warrant, represent, and agree that you have the right to provide your phone number and email address to Sponsor in connection with any Entry and the Promotion, and to have Sponsor contact you at such phone number and email address, even if such phone number or email address is provided by an employer. You expressly consent to Sponsor and its partners and affiliates’ use of your contact information, including your phone number or email address, for marketing and other promotional purposes.
- GENERAL: These Promotion Official Rules are subject to the Sponsor’s applicable Terms and Conditions, which can be accessed at https://support.betr.app/hc/en-us/articles/7461201647636-Terms-and-Conditions-Free-to-Play. If there is any conflict between the Terms and Conditions and these Promotion Official Rules, the Promotion Official Rules take precedence but only in relation to the Promotion. In the event of any conflict with any details contained in these Promotion Official Rules and details contained on the Mobile Application, the details set forth in these Promotion Official Rules shall prevail. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, including the lawful operation of any Game (including through unlawful access to the Mobile Application or the use of non-public information) or to be acting in violation of these Promotion Official Rules. In such event, Sponsor may terminate an individual’s ability to participate in the Promotion and/or refuse to award or seek the return of any prizes. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION OR ANY GAME, INCLUDING ANY USE OF NON-PUBLIC INFORMATION OR OTHER CHEATING IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- SEVERABILITY: You agree that these Promotion Official Rules are severable. If any term or provision is declared invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that term or provision will not affect the remainder of these Promotion Official Rules. These Promotion Official Rules will be deemed amended to the extent necessary to make these Promotion Official Rules enforceable, valid and, to the maximum extent possible, consistent with applicable law and consistent with the original intention of the parties; and the remaining terms and provisions will remain in full force and effect. If any provision of these Promotion Official Rules is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, Sponsor will amend or replace such provision with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, the original objectives and intent of Sponsor as reflected in the original provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Promotion Official Rules does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Promotion Official Rules, which will remain in full force and effect.
- WINNER: Winners may be listed on the Mobile Application. At Sponsor’s discretion, winners may also be announced on social media platforms. You may also obtain a list of winners by writing your name and address on a “3x5” card and mailing it in an envelope to: Winners List, “Beat Derek’s Bracket”, Betr Holdings, Inc., 290 NE 68th Avenue, Miami, FL 33138. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the winner(s) of each Game are announced and requests must be received no later than thirty (30) days after the announcement of the applicable Game’s winner(s).
1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32
» For each successive round, points double:
- 1 point for each correct pick in Round 1
- 2 points for each correct pick in Round 2
- 4 points for each correct pick in Round 3
- 8 points for each correct pick in Round 4
- 16 points for each correct pick in Round 5
- 32 points for the correct Champion
PICKS Entry DEADLINE: 3/16/2023 12:00 PM*
The Registration Process
Each player must complete the registration process within the betr app to become eligible to play.
The Men's NCAA Division I College Basketball Tournament runs from the first Thursday of tournament games through the championship game, which is typically, the first Monday in April. On "Selection Sunday", the NCAA Selection Committee will announce the bracket pairings for the first round games. There will be "play-in" games before the field of 64 teams start play on Thursday. The winners of these games qualify for the final spots in the Men's NCAA Division I College Basketball Tournament. Shortly after the play-in games have completed, the system will have the complete bracket pairings available for all players. At that time, each player will be allowed to login and make their selections for the entire bracket for the Bracket Challenge.
The Bracket Challenge (Pick In Advance) Game
All of the Bracket Challenge picks will be displayed for selection on 1 page. This makes it easy for the player to see things on the whole. Once logged in, you can view your Bracket Challenge bracket, view an updated bracket (with the actual winners). Anyone who makes a confirmed perfect (all picks correct) bracket in advance of the tournament matching all of the actual tournament winners will receive "the prize" or a split portion of "the prize" if multiple people win, subject to the Promotion Official Rules.
- Each player will be allowed to make picks 24/7 leading up to the scheduled tip-off of the first game of the first round.
- Once the first game has started for the tournament, you will not be able to make selections.
- Making your selections is extremely easy.
- For every game, there will be two teams available to be selected.
- Simply choose the team you think will win the game and select the team from the selection options for that game.
- Predict the answer to the tie breaker question, listed on the "picks" page.
- Upon selecting all the games, you can then click on the "Save Picks" button.
- You will get a message that also confirms your selections with a time/date stamp.
- You can see your confirmed picks for the whole tournament by clicking on the "View / Print Picks" link on the picks page.
All of the players playing in the Bracket Challenge game will use the same scoring method. Each round has a specified point value for correct winning selections. (See the Scoring Method section above.) Each Player will have point score for every round, and a total point score (this is the total points earned for all rounds in the tournament). Players are ranked according to their cumulative point score. Players are ranked on the standings page, which can be accessed via the "Standings" link at the top of most pages on the website. The player with the most points at the end of the Bracket Challenge will win game.
Selecting Teams Close To The Deadline
Any player attempting to make team selections close to the deadline, risks the chance of not getting in his/her changes on time. We are not responsible for late entries, server congestion, faulty Internet connections, etc., which may cause the changes to your roster to not be made.
Special Reserved Rights
Any player caught or suspected of system tampering, game interference or breaking our terms and conditions, may be removed without refund from the site at any time and without notice. Sponsor also reserves the right to pursue legal and criminal action upon those member(s).
Winning The Bracket Challenge Game
Players are ranked according to their cumulative point score. The player with the most points at the end of the game (see the schedule) wins. The player with the highest number of cumulative points at the end of the season wins the first prize (if stated or offered). In the event of a tie between two (2) or more entries, the winning entry will be determined by the following tiebreakers, in order of listing:
Tiebreaker #1 - Closest predicted score of championship game (Either total for game or for each team, depending on the contest selection.)
Tiebreaker #2 - Earliest date stamp of picks.
In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration. Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative College Hoops knowledge of all entrants.
Important Winner Information
All prize winners may be required to submit valid identification including their photo, social security number, and legal identification to Sponsor and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release within ten (10) days following first attempted notification. They will also be required complete Tax Form 1099-M in order to comply with federal and state tax laws. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and awarding of the prize to the entrant with the next highest score. Contestants agree to Sponsor's use of their names and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, no cash equivalents, no substitutes.
It is the responsibility of the Entrant to keep all mailing and e-mail information up-to-date and accurate. Winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they return their signed, notarized affidavit to receive their prize. Prize is not transferable. No prize substitution except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for prize of comparable value. Sponsor reserves the right to award the actual cash equivalent of any prize in lieu of the prize itself. Prize returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fourteen (14) days after being sent will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All entries will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail address.
By accepting a prize, the winner grants permission to Sponsor (which permission shall be confirmed in writing upon the request of Sponsor) to use its names, photographs, likeness, voices, prize information, and/or biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade and promotional purposes at any time or times, worldwide and on the World Wide Web without further compensation, or notice, review or approval, unless prohibited by law. If a winner is disqualified, an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor is only obligated to contact a single alternate. In all instances in which Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate winner, if such alternate winner is unavailable or disqualified or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, within the time frames otherwise allotted for the initially selected="selected" winner, then Sponsor may choose either not to award the prize or to donate it to another person or entity, in its sole discretion.
ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE AGENCIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY. EXCEPT FOR A STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY THAT THE PRIZE MANUFACTURER MAY INCLUDE WITH THE PRIZE, THE PRIZE IS AWARDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). This may be printed and read at your convenience.
Winners will be notified by e-mail or regular mail within thirty (30) days after the date the winners are determined and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these legal restrictions and a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law) within ten (10) days following attempted notification. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
The Game is strictly for entertainment purposes only.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected on-line entries or transactions, for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry information whether caused by a contestant, equipment, or technical malfunction or for any human error, technical error or malfunctions. Sponsor reserves the right to halt or modify the contest at any time during the contest period if events beyond their control compromise the contest's fairness or integrity. In the event that a scheduled game is canceled or preempted for any reason, no points will be awarded for that day on the affected basketball teams.
Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of this contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of the winner or the distribution of the prizes.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participating in the contest, refuse to award points or prizes, and require the return of any prizes, if entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the contest or detrimental to other entrants. Such improper conduct includes, but is not limited to, falsifying personal information required during contest registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating points or prizes through methods such as automated computer scripts or other programming techniques, allowing others to use the entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating points or prizes, tampering with Sponsor's administration of this promotion, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble, recompile or otherwise tamper with the computer programs on this Web site. Entrant further acknowledges that the forfeiture of prize(s) and/or return of any prize(s) shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the contest. This contest is not affiliated with or endorsed by the NCAA or any NCAA basketball team. This is a skill contest designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in Sponsor contests and college basketball.
If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, terrorism, work stoppage, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. In such event, Sponsor further reserves the right to award prizes to the players with the most points as of the termination date.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or transactions. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry or transaction to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest.
Conduct and Decisions
By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Promotion and the Sponsor's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Promotion is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Promotion, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPATE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
In the event that any legal or regulatory authority challenges the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any players who are disqualified due to such an action.
Winners of $600 or more during a calendar year must furnish a Social Security Number before payment is issued. Any entry that is incomplete, late, does not include a validly issued User ID will be disqualified. You must be 21 years or older to participate.
Sponsor reserves the right to use all entrants' names for publicity. Winners automatically grant to Sponsor, and their affiliated businesses and sponsors, the right to use their name and likeness in advertising and promotion of this Promotion without further permission or compensation. Residents of Missouri are not required to comply with the terms of this paragraph.
Email Change Of Address Policy
It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor if his or her email address changes.
Sponsor, and this website, are in no way connected with, affiliated with or endorsed by the NCAA, or any of its affiliated teams, players, or players union. All references to any professional basketball name or term is purely nominative and not intended to imply connection affiliation or endorsement.
Pooltracker will post the scores shortly after every "playing day" in every round, unless unforeseen complications arise. Scoring disputes must be emailed to email@example.com 24 hours prior to start of each round. Any disputes arriving after this time will not be addressed. All scores are final following the start of the next round. Pooltracker reserves the right to deny any scoring inaccuracies at any time due to circumstances beyond our control. It is each player's responsibility to confirm their own selections.
There is a great deal of strategy that goes into the game of the BRACKET CHALLENGE. No one strategy has proven to be the best. Some players wish to select their favorite teams. Some players will want to pick the highest ranked teams to meet in the finals. There are many different strategies that have won. College Hoops is a great sport, so whatever your strategy, remember to have fun and enjoy the game.
Special Reserved Rights
Any player caught or suspected of system tampering, game interference or breaking our terms and conditions, may be removed without refund from the site at any time and without notice. Pooltracker also reserves the right to pursue legal and criminal action upon those member(s). This Game may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. The Game is strictly for entertainment purposes only. Pooltracker is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected on-line entries or transactions, for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry information whether caused by a contestant, equipment, or technical malfunction or for any human error, technical error or malfunctions. Pooltracker reserves the right to halt or modify the contest at any time during the contest period if events beyond their control compromise the contest's fairness or integrity. In the event that a scheduled game is canceled or preempted for any reason, no points will be awarded for that day on the affected basketball teams. Pooltracker is not responsible for typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of this contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of the winner or the distribution of the prizes, if prizes are offered.
If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, terrorism, work stoppage, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Pooltracker which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Pooltracker reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
Pooltracker assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or transactions. Pooltracker is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry or transaction to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPATE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer
Participants are restricted to use of ordinary and typical computer equipment and Internet access. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company's control, or otherwise. The Company disclaims any liability for received entries due to technical difficulties or transmission errors. The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the contest.